EXPLORE: Catania, Taormina, Siracusa, Ragusa, Marzamemi, Agrigento, Palermo, Cefalu', Monreale, Noto, Modica.
Experience this island's amazing diversity, which is reflected in its architecture as you uncover the impressive Roman ruins, unique Norman-Arab churches and palaces, colorful Byzantine and Early Gothic mosaics, fortified medieval castles, Gothic palaces, Baroque churches & villas, and of course, the stunning Greek Temples and amphitheaters, some of the most remarkable monuments of ancient Greece.
The evidence of ancient cultures is also revealed in today's Sicilian culture, its bold-flavored cuisine, outgoing people, musical folklore, and tasty local wines.
Sicily, the largest Italian region as well as largest island, lies in the center of the Mediterranean and the beating heart of ancient cultures, a pulsing center of European and Middle-Eastern heritage, where the past meets the present, where people are as tied to their land as they are to their traditions
As Sicily boasts the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy, one can only stand in awe before the astonishing Greek Temples of Agrigento, Roman villas, the bustling center of Palermo, Siracusa & Ortigia, and the Baroque towns of Noto and Modica, among many other memorable highlights.
(Itinerary is subject to change with or without notice. The sequence of day trips may vary. Final detailed itinerary will be given on the first day of tour by your Tour Director.)
Friday Day 1 | Benvenuto in Sicilia : Welcome to Sicily!
Arrival in Catania, where you will rest in a beautiful luxury hotel in the historical center of this lively Sicilian city. At 4:00pm, meet in the lobby to be introduced to your new travel buddies and take a leisurely stroll through the historical streets of Catania with a licensed local tour guide who will introduce our group to the warm and sunny culture of this amazing Mediterranean island. Catania is a splendid seaside town surrounded by fragrant lemon and orange groves, where you will find plenty of shopping opportunities and of course, tasty eateries where you can try the local specialties such as granatina, cannoli, marzipan and almond cookies. Among its remarkable monuments is the baroque cathedral of Sant'Agata, as well as ornate buildings that line its many bustling streets and lively piazzas. This evening we'll enjoy a fabulous welcome dinner together to toast to the magical journey to come!
Saturday Day 2 | Il Segno dei Tempi : The Legacy of Time
After check-out, this morning we head south for an exciting trip to the coastal city of Siracusa, the birthplace of the ancient mathematician, Archimedes and the meeting point of many ancient cultures, the Greek, Roman, Norman, Byzantine, Arab, among others. View the blending of architectural styles, from the ancient Roman amphitheater to the splendid jewel of the Baroque: the cathedral, with its grandiose staircase adorned with statues. We'll stop at the grotto named the Ear of Dionisius, known for its amazing acoustics and the fortress-town on the island of Ortigia, where we'll enjoy a delicious group lunch. We continue our scenic drive through the countryside and stop at the gem that is Noto, the center of Sicilian Baroque. Our drive will end up in a family-owned traditional Sicilian farmhouse turned into a boutique hotel, in the hills surrounding the town of Ragusa. Enjoy a welcome dinner with our local hosts, Franco and Carmela, who will make you feel right at home!
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Sunday Day 3 | Antiche Tradizioni : Ancient Traditions
You'll be able to enjoy some time to relax and just...be. Sit out in the lush gardens and let your mind wander off, or take a refreshing swim in the large private pool...it’s a vacation after all! In the late afternoon, we'll be headed to the dramatically picturesque and elegant hilltop town of Ragusa Ibla, showcasing an extraordinary intertwining of civilizations. This is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the laid-back Sicilian lifestyle, sit by a cafe' in the small town piazza, observe the ordinary people who make this place so extraordinary and savor the joy of living life in the moment. Today is a great day to take a step back into Sicily's culinary traditions, and what better way to do it than to have a local family show us? Take a fun cooking class at the farmhouse in the family's own kitchen, then enjoy a relaxing dinner out on the beautiful patio.
Monday Day 4 | Dolce Barocco Siciliano : Sweet Sicilian Baroque
After a delicious bountiful breakfast, we head east towards the coast and the old fishing village of Marzamemi, where you'll see a truly one-of-a-kind tuna production facility, a "Tonnara", a Sicilian tradition that has been passed down in this area of the island for hundreds of years. We continue on to one of Sicily's best family-owned wineries, surrounded by gorgeous rolling hills, for a private vineyard tour, group lunch, and wine-pairing experience. On our way back, we'll stop in the charming hill-top town of Modica, known specifically for a traditional way of making chocolate. We, therefore, cannot leave without a visit to a historical chocolate factory where you can indulge your sweet tooth with the tasting of their specialty cocoa products. Enjoy some free time to explore and have dinner in this lovely village on your own.
Tuesday Day 5 | Splendore Greco : Greek Splendors
Prepare to be amazed! After a late morning check-out, we'll head over to Agrigento (lunch along the way), where we'll discover the ancient Valle dei Templi (valley of the temples). We'll be guided back in time by a local expert to explore on foot these astonishing Greek temples, dating back to 580 B.C. which overlook the deep-blue sea of Sicily's southern coast (wear comfortable shoes to walk along unpaved trails through the archeological area). You'll be able to spend one night in the only hotel located within this world-renown historical site. Enjoy some time to freshen up at the hotel and get ready for a group dinner with some delicious hot-piping pizza in the nearby beach community.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Wednesday Day 6 | Sapori Mediterranei : Flavors of the Mediterranean
After checkout, we head towards the northern coast of the island, where we'll stop in Cefalu', a picturesque Medieval town with narrow streets and stunning churches, among which the splendid Norman Cathedral with some of the most astonishing mosaics in all of Italy. Enjoy lunch on your own in one of the many excellent restaurants featuring fresh seafood and local specialties. In the afternoon, we'll check into a luxury hotel, located in the historical center of Palermo . Check in, rest up, and come meet the group for dinner at a nearby restaurant
Thursday Day 7 | Grandiosa Palermo : Grandiose Palermo
Today we'll take a full-day to explore Palermo, a large bustling city with rich history and a caleidoscope of landmarks & sites. Guided tour of Palermo's historical center with an expert local guide. Enjoy some free time for lunch. A short drive will take us on a side hill to the impressive Cathedral of Monreale, the greatest 12th century Norman monument in Sicily. Enjoy a bountiful group dinner with local specialties on the way back to the hotel, followed by overnight stay.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Friday Day 8 | Storia della Terra e del Mare : History of the Land and Sea
After check-out, we'll make our way along the north coast of the island, heading east. Group lunch along the way. We'll arrive in Taormina in the afternoon and check into a gorgeous hotel with stunning views of the sea and coastline. Taormina, a hilltop town of Greek origin, is known for its wonderful views of the Ionian Sea and elegant streets. A local expert guide will meet us and take us on a visit to the city's most important landmark, the Greek Theater, with breathtaking views of the colossal Mt. Etna, the largest and most active volcano in Europe. Group dinner in a nearby trattoria with local specialties from Taormina and wines from the foothills of Mt. Etna.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Saturday Day 9 | Memorie del Passato : Memoirs of the Past
Today is a deliciously slow day that you can savor to relax and let everything you've explored simply sink in. It's a lot and perhaps part of the spirit of Sicily lies also in taking in all the beautiful sceneries and simply letting them find their own way into your heart. Enjoy time for R&R at the hotel, why not take advantage of the amazing views from the swimming pool? Squeeze every little minute of your time on this fascinating island, perhaps exploring some of Taormina's luxury boutiques before another wonderful group dinner.
Sunday Day 10 | Tra Leggenda e Mito : Between Myth and Fact
After breakfast and check-out, get ready to take a scenic drive towards the beautiful and intimidating Etna. We continue towards further up the volcano to take photos from one of its scenic spots almost at the top of the mountain. On the way, we'll visit an elegant winery right on the side of the Etna, known for growing tasty & intense Nero d'Avola grapes in the dark, mineral-rich volcanic soil. Take a private guided tour of the estate, followed by a final group luncheon with wine tasting. We'll continue the ride down the east coast to return to our starting point to spend the final night of the tour. Catania is a wonderful city full of life and urban sounds, so take in the atmosphere of this vivacious, bustling city, where you can experience the soul of Sicily.
Monday Day 11 | Arrivederci Sicilia!
Check-out from Catania hotel and transfer to Catania International Airport for departure flight (transfer not included, but can be scheduled upon request). Say "Arrivederci!" to this timeless island and until next time, Nada's Italy wishes you a safe return home!
What's included in the Sizzling Sicily Tour:
- A luxury journey totaling 11 days/10 nights, limited to 6-12 travelers. Don’t delay and reserve your spot!
- First night stay in 4-star luxury hotel in Catania + 3-Night stay in a family-owned Country Hotel (boutique farmhouse) in on the South-East Coast + 1-Nights stay in 5-star Hotel in Agrigento + 2-Night stay in Palermo + 2-Nights in Taormina + Final night stay in 4-Star historic hotel in downtown Catania for a trip totaling 11 Days/10 Nights. (Arrival in Italy is on Friday and departure is on Monday). This package starts and ends in CATANIA, please plan your flight accordingly.
- Meals included: All Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 8 Dinners (included meals are shown at bottom of the description for each day). Beverages with meals: bottled water, soft drinks (in limited amounts), coffee drinks, and 2 glasses of wine per person (choice of red or white) with included lunches and dinners.
- Luxury transportation throughout the stay in comfortable air-conditioned vans with professionally licensed drivers (not included: transfers from and to the airport, airfare, or any other personal travel expenses not associated with tour package).
- Pick-up and drop off from the Hotel in Catania (beginning and ending point of the tour) is included.
- Maximum 6-12 travelers per tour!
- Full-time service of a fun Italian-born, English-speaking Nada's Italy expert Tour Director.
- Destinations include: Catania (guided tour), Cefalu', Palermo & Monreale (with local guide), Mount Etna, Modica, Taormina (includes entrance fee to Greek amphitheater), Agrigento's 'Valle dei Templi' (with a local guide - includes entrance fee), Siracusa (Ortigia), Ragusa Ibla, Noto. Itinerary and destinations may vary depending on the time of year and are subject to weather conditions.
- Professional pre-trip assistance by Nada's Italy office staff with tips on making the best of your trip.
- Complimentary Travel Materials: Italian Phrasebook, Luggage Tags, Maps for towns visited, and much more!
- Exclusive Activities included: Visits to 2 Wineries (including Nero d'Avola), guided tour of Temples of Agrigento, Visit of a traditional Sicilian "Tonnara", fun cooking class featuring local Sicilian Dishes with souvenir apron, guided tour of Catania, entrance to Taormina's Greek Theater, visit to an ancient chocolate factory in Modica, and much more!
- Local VAT taxes, government fees*, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, parking fees, and hotel accommodation tax.
- Tips to staff and restaurants. (Additional gratuities can be given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.)
For more information, please call our office Mon.-Fri. 10am-6pm at 704.877.2003. Price listed is subject to change with or without notice.
What's Not Included in Tour Package
Trip price does not include airfare and anything that is not specified to be included. Price does not include any personal related expenses or travel-related expenses outside of the scheduled itineraries. The food & wine that is included is what is presented during meals, all other items ordered by traveler including wine and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are not included in tour price. Trip price does not include the accommodation tax imposed by local municipalities - to be paid in cash by guests directly to the hotel.
Before you sign up you should note the following:
- The first day of the tour is Friday in Catania (departure from the U.S.A.
on Thursday for an overnight flight to Italy). Last day of tour is
Monday in Catania (arrival in the U.S. is the same day of departure from
Italy). Airfare is not included and booking flights is the traveler's
- The initial meeting point is the hotel in Catania at 4:00pm on Friday for a guided
city tour, which is the first scheduled activity, followed by dinner
and your first night's stay in Sicily. Notifications, hotel information, and exact instructions
will be emailed prior to the trip.
is your responsibility to get to the city where the tour begins.
you register, you will receive a "Benvenuto Box" by mail within approximately 10-15
business days. It will include reminders and important materials for
your trip. The content may vary based on availability and by tour
- Reminders, hotel information, and arrival
instructions will be sent by email roughly 60 days before the start of
the trip (please make sure we have your current email address).
to and from the airport are not included in the tour rate. Please
contact us if you'd like to add transfers to your tour package.
extra nights in Catania before or after the tour and extend your
stay in this amazing country. Contact us for a quote on additional
nights (subject to availability).
- You must be in good physical
condition to sign-up for this trip. This
is not considered a physically challenging trip, nonetheless there will
be a lot of walking uphill, downhill, walking over uneven pavement, and
for extended periods of time.
- Please be aware that at times, the territory we are covering is full of tight turns, tunnels, and steep roads, so bring motion sickness pills if necessary.
- Even though basic tips to staff and restaurants are included, it is
highly recommended that you put aside approximately $100 (US) in
combined gratuities for your driver & Tour Director for your entire
stay (and any voluntary additional restaurant gratuities are at your
- The earliest activity on this tour starts at: 8:30am. Latest activity starts at: 12:00pm.
- Nada's Italy highly recommends that you purchase Travel Insurance for your trip. For suggestions on policies, please contact us.
should know that air conditioning in Italy, as well as wifi connections
are not as reliable as they are in the United States.
- The hotel
staff assigns rooms to guests, some rooms may include stairs. A view is
not guaranteed. Rooms differ in size and layout, in general, Italian
rooms are smaller compared to US standards. Each room has its own
en-suite bathroom with shower and/or tub, hair-dryer, and toiletries.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the required documents to travel to
Italy. Your passport should be valid for 6 months after your return
date. Verify with your own country's travel laws and government