When you travel off-season, you will be able to discover more of Italy's true soul and vibrant culture. No waiting in line at museums. Restaurant owners fully dedicated to you. This is your time to discover the authentic Italian lifestyle, while enjoying a stress-free vacation.
(Itinerary is subject to change with or without notice. The sequence of day trips may vary. The final itinerary will be given upon arrival. Included meals are indicated below each day's description.)
Friday | Day 1 | Benvenuto : Welcome!
Arrival in Rome - check in hotel and get some rest in what the Romans called ‘Roma Caput Mundi’ (Rome, Capital of the World). Start the trip of a lifetime in one of the world’s most beautiful cities! Stay in a historical aristocratic palazzo, turned into a luxury hotel, located just a few steps away from the elegant Via Veneto, the Spanish Steps, and the Trevi Fountain. You’ll be in the heart of great dining and shopping, and close to some of the major historical sites. Start your journey through ancient times with a local Roman guide who will take you on a leisure walk to many amazing sites such as the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon (with an internal visit) and then hop on a private vehicle for a panoramic view of the city and some of its most famous landmarks like the Colosseum and Vatican. Mingle with your travel mates over dinner at a local’s favorite featuring the best of Roman cuisine & wine! Over-night stay in Rome.
Meals included: dinner
Saturday | Day 2 | Potere e Magnificenza : Power and Magnificence
Escorted by a local Roman guide we’ll enter the Vatican City, where we’ll visit the impressive St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums (private guide + museum tickets included with preferred access, no waiting in line), which will include entrance to the head-tilting and jaw-dropping Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. Savor the rest of the afternoon and evening on your own. With so many nice boutiques and plenty of opportunities, why not enjoy some shopping?
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Sunday | Day 3 | Antichi Splendori : Ancient Splendors
After breakfast, you’ll discover the splendors of the classic Roman Empire! Travel back in time, gazing at gorgeous sites during our walk with an expert local guide. We will then walk along the ancient pavement, which crosses the evocative ruins of the Roman Forum, the Curia, the Reggia. You will then be able to admire the Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Titus and the Arch of Costantine. The tour will continue with the visit of the massive structure of the Colosseum (private guide + museum tickets included with preferred access, no waiting in line). Enjoy a leisurely afternoon and dinner on your own. Savor each moment of living "la dolce vita"!
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Monday | Day 4 | Cucina & Sapori Regionali : The Flavors of Regional Cuisine
Check-out from hotel and head up to Florence by private transportation. Along the way, we will stop in Orvieto, a beautiful hilltop town in Umbria, founded by the Etruscan civilization over two thousand years ago. You will enjoy lunch on your own in this beautiful village. Arrival in Florence in the mid-afternoon. Check-in, relax, refresh, then enjoy a private walking tour through the historical streets of Florence, guided by an expert local guide who will show you the main sites, churches, and shopping areas that Florence is known for. Then enjoy a group dinner with delicious Tuscan specialties.
Meals included: breakfast, dinner
Tuesday | Day 5 | Il cuore rosso della Toscana : The Red Heart of Tuscany
This morning we'll visit the amazing Uffizi Gallery, the world's largest collection of Renaissance artworks by the famous masters (private guide + museum tickets included with preferred access, no waiting in line). Then your guide will take you on a tasty culinary tour through Florence's historic Mercato Centrale, where all your senses will be delighted with colors, sounds, aromas, and gratifying flavors. Lunch featuring tastes of local specialties. Afternoon on your own in the gorgeous city of Florence (it is a vacation after all, isn't it?), enjoy a little time for R&R, shopping, exploring, and discovering the amazing sites this city has to offer, before meeting up again for a fun group dinner with hot wood-fired oven pizza!
Meals included: breakfast, lunch (light fare), dinner
Wednesday | Day 6 | Un Giorno nel Medioevo : A Day in the Middle Ages
San Gimignano, our first stop, is an absolutely astonishing example of walled Medieval hilltop town, also known for its dry white wine, Vernaccia and its colorful local crafts: hand-painted pottery, alabaster, olive wood items, and much more. Enjoy plenty of free time and lunch on your own. Quick drive by Monteriggioni and the rest of the evening in amazing Siena, where you have free time to explore the town and visit its amazing Cathedral. Group dinner near Siena.
Meals included: breakfast, dinner
Thursday | Day 7 | Congiura ed Intrigo : Conspiracy and Intrigue
Are you ready to have some fun and a hands-on experience with the delicious Tuscan cuisine? Learn to make classic recipes and fresh pasta during a fun cooking class in a 13th-century castle nestled in the romantic hills of the wine country. A memorable experience within the walls of history in the Castle's beautiful kitchen. Take a private wine tour exploring the castle's ancient underground cellars and learn everything about Tuscany's high-quality extra virgin olive oil, which the estate also produces, which you'll enjoy during a tasty group lunch with wine pairing. In the afternoon, enjoy a tour of the Galleria dell’Accademia to see Michelangelo’s David up close and personal (private guide + museum tickets included with preferred access, no waiting in line). Dinner is on your own tonight in Florence.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Friday | Day 8 | Arrivederci! ’Til we meet... and eat, again!
Hopefully, you will stay longer and explore other beautiful cities of this amazing country! We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and wish to have you back soon. Ciao!
Meals included: breakfast
What's included in the Blissfully Italian Tour:
- 3 nights lodging in a 4-star hotel in Rome + 4 nights in upscale Boutique Hotel in the historical center of Florence. A trip totaling 8 Days/7 Nights (depart from the US on Sunday and return on Monday).
- Tour starts in Rome, ends in Florence.
- Small group travel! Maximum of 12 travelers per group!
- Fully escorted day trips with professional private driver and full-time service of English speaking Italian tour leader.
- Trip Materials: Italian Travel Phrasebook, Luggage Tags, Maps, and much more!
- Bountiful Meals included: all breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners (included meals are shown at bottom of the description for each day, marked by “BLD“).
- Beverages included: bottled water, soft drinks (in limited amounts), coffee, and 2 glasses of wine per person (choice of red or white) with included lunches and dinners.
- Private Walking Tours by locally licensed English-speaking guides:
- Historical Highlights of Rome: Vatican Museums (includes entrance reservation & ticket), Colosseum and Roman Ruins (includes entrance reservation & ticket), Historical Highlights of Florence, Walking tour of Siena, Private tour of the Galleria dell’Accademia to see Michelangelo’s David in Florence (includes entrance reservation and ticket), Private tour of the Uffizi Gallery in Florence (includes entrance reservation and ticket).
- Destinations included: Rome, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Tuscan countryside, Orvieto.
- Unique Experiences: A tour of a 13th-century winery in Tuscany, followed by lunch & tasting.
- 1 Cooking Class (includes souvenir apron), enjoy a culinary tour of markets in Florence, delicious authentic meals in local family-owned restaurants, and much more!
- Private Transportation for day trips and transfers in comfortable air-conditioned vans (does not include: transfer from and to the airport, airfare, or any other personal travel expenses).
- Customer Loyalty Reward: receive a $300 credit towards any future trips you take with Nada's Italy!
- No bag limit! (Most tours have a 1-bag limit per person).
- Local VAT taxes, government fees, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, parking fees, staff tips, and the hotel accommodation tax.
- Tips to staff and restaurants. (Additional gratuities can be given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.)
For more information
, please call our office Mon.-Fri. 10am-6pm at 704.877.2003. Price listed is subject to change with or without notice.
What's Not Included in Tour Package
Trip price does not include airfare and anything that is not specified to be included. Price does not include any personal related expenses or travel-related expenses outside of the scheduled itineraries. The food & wine that is included is what is presented during meals, all other items ordered by traveler including wine and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are not included in tour price. Trip price includes tips for drivers and other tour staff. It does not include optional additional tips to restaurants nor to tour personnel such as maids, etc. These gratuities are given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.
Before you sign up you should note the following:
- The first day of the tour is Monday, starting in Rome (departure from U.S. on Sunday for an overnight flight). Last day of the tour is Monday, ending in Florence. Arrival in the U.S. is the same day of departure.
- Airfare is not included.
- After you register, you will receive a "Benvenuto Box" by mail within 10-15 business days. It will include reminders and important materials for your trip. The content may vary based on availability and by tour date/itinerary.
- Reminders, hotel information, and arrival instructions will be sent by email roughly 60 days before the start of the trip (please make sure we have your current email address).
- Before you sign up for this tour, please know that there will be A LOT of WALKING and STANDING. (average of 3 hours each day)
- Transfers to and from the airport are not included in the tour rate. Please contact us if you'd like to add transfers to your tour package.
- Add extra nights in Rome before or in Florence after the tour and extend your stay in this amazing country. Contact us for a quote on additional nights (subject to availability).
- You must be in good physical condition to sign-up for this trip. This is not a physically challenging trip, nonetheless, there will be plenty of walking uphill, downhill, walking over uneven pavement, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Even though basic tips to staff and restaurants are included, it is highly recommended that you put aside approximately $100 (US) in combined gratuities for your driver & Tour Director for your entire stay (and any voluntary additional restaurant gratuities are at your discretion).
- The earliest activity on this tour starts at 9:00am and the latest activity starts at 10:00am.
- Nada's Italy highly recommends that you purchase Travel Insurance for your trip. For suggestions on policies, please contact us.
- Transportation for this tour includes a 19-seater coach (Rome), two luxury vans (Florence & Tuscany).
- You should know that air conditioning in Italy, as well as wifi connections, are not as reliable as they are in the United States.
- The hotel staff assigns rooms to guests, some rooms may include stairs. A view is not guaranteed. Rooms differ in size and layout, in general, Italian rooms are smaller compared to US standards. Each room has its own en-suite bathroom with shower and/or tub, hair-dryer, and toiletries.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the required documents to travel to Italy. Your passport should be valid for 6 months after your return date. Verify with your own country's travel laws and government agencies.
- In the unlikely event your tour does not reach the minimum participation requirement, we will work with you to choose another available tour or tour date. We will do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible.