EXPLORE: Lake Garda, Dolomites (Italian Alps), Verona, Montagnana, Valpolicella, Venice, Murano & Burano.
Don't miss out on the amazing culinary and historical gems offered by the north-eastern region of Italy.
Start this remarkable journey with a relaxing stay in a renovated 16th-century lemon orchard, now a lovely family-owned boutique hotel on Lake Garda with its own private beach. Gaze at reflections of the breath-taking mountain peaks as you walk along the picturesque cobble stone streets of Lake Garda's lake-shore villages.
A majestic structure built in the 13th century will let you live as in a fairytale. Explore the breath-taking Italian Alps (Dolomiti) and picture-perfect Alpine villages, discover the romantic & elegant Verona on a private guided tour, take fun cooking classes with local ingredients, visit a cheese farm in the mountains, and visit the world-renown wineries of the Valpolicella.
Finish your enchanting journey in memorable Venice, exploring its maze of hidden alleyways with a private local guide. See first hand how the artistic Murano glass is made and let your eyes be delighted by the bright pastel-colored homes on the Island community of Burano.
(Itinerary is subject to change with or without notice. The sequence of day trips may vary. The final itinerary will be given at the start of the trip.)
Friday Day 1 | Benvenuto! : Welcome!
Welcome to Italia! After being picked up from the airport, you'll be on your way to stunning Lake Garda! (Make sure to communicate your arrival time & flight info to us promptly. Please book your arrival in Venice no later than 1:00pm). Tonight you will rest in a beautiful fairy-tale like villa overlooking the lake! Enjoy a Welcome dinner in a lovely restaurant that is perched up on the steep mountainside with a view over Lake Garda that will have your knees buckle! Try some delicious specialties from this region and tasty local wines!
Saturday Day 2 | Splendore sul Lago : Splendor on the Lake
Get ready for some amazing views of this extraordinary northern Italian lake! You will be completely blown away by the beauty of the mountains reflected in the deep blue waters. This morning we board the boat service to Malcesine a picture-perfect Medieval town. As we approach the village, you can admire the Castello Scaligero, a 14th-Century fortification. Behind Malcesine rises the 6,000ft high Montebaldo. If you’re brave enough, you can reach the summit of Montebaldo by the funivia, a gondola that rotates 360 degrees as you ascend this steep mountain! Group lunch in a great local's favorite - undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in the area! Enjoy some free time to discover this small scenic town full of arts, crafts, cafés, and history on your own. Then we continue to Riva del Garda, surrounded by imposing mountains, with free time to explore. Dinner at our own villa's restaurant on the scenic terrace.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Sunday Day 3 | L'Arte del Vivere Bene : The Art of Fine Living
Another exciting full-day excursion exploring the delightful lake villages. Board the boat to Sirmione, an ancient fortified town on the Southern part of the lake. Group lunch at a local trattoria. free time to explore the local market, charming alleyways, shops, and take a walk to the famous ruins of the colossal Roman villa, surrounded by the lake’s blue-green waters, dating back to the 1st century BC. Then back on the boat to Salo’, known for its beauty and unusual history. Breakfast, Lunch.
Monday Day 4 | Aria Alpina e Viste Spettacolari : Alpine Air and Spectacular Views
Today we visit a local cheese farm in the Alps surrounding Lake Garda - a coop that produces high-quality Alpine cheeses, along with fresh yogurt, jams, olive oil, and gelato. Private tour of the facility, followed by a delicious lunch with homemade dishes!
In the afternoon you'll have time to enjoy the historical center of Limone sul Garda with free time to explore and delight in its laid-back lifestyle. Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of this fascinating northern Italian village. Then slowly float back down to Earth and come enjoy dinner with the group!
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Tuesday Day 5 | Lusso Veneziano : Venetian Luxury
Today’s highlights will not be centered as much around history, but around the awe-inspiring views of the most beautiful areas in the Italian Alps: the Dolomites. Our spectacular drive will be even more pleasant to the eye as we make stops along the way to admire the scenery and charming Alpine villages such as Canazei and Ortisei. Enjoy a group lunch with typical South-Tyrol specialties, including grilled sausage, mushrooms, cheese, beef stew, and polenta!. We continue to the Passo Pordoi, called “La Terrazza delle Dolomiti” from where you can test your bravery and hop on the suspended car that will lift you high above the clouds to view the most important peaks in the Alps, including the famous Marmolada Glacier. Be amazed by these spectacular sites – we are truly on top of the world! A unique group dinner in a Medieval Castle of the Trentino region will frame in the memories of this beautiful day.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Wednesday Day 6 | Tracce di un Glorioso Passato : Traces of a Glorious Past
Today is YOUR day to do as you, please! Relax by the villa's magical patio with a breathtaking view of the Alps & Lake, read a book by the private beach, go into town for some great shopping opportunities, or simply sit and enjoy a glass of vino in one of the village's charming piazzas and watch life pass you by... Then get ready for a super-fun group cooking class, followed by lunch! Dinner will be on your own so you can choose how to spend your final night in this extraordinary northern paradise!
Thursday Day 7 | Eleganza nel Castello : Elegance in the Castle
Check-out from Villa – drive to S. Ambrogio in Valpolicella where we stop for lunch in a family Trattoria. Then we'll arrive at the beautiful Medieval Castle with a private tour of this amazing historical estate dating back to the Middle Ages, where you'll be spending the next two nights. After a little time to relax and get settled in, enjoy an elegant dinner in the Castle’s own fine dining Restaurant prepared by its private chef.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Friday Day 8 | Gioia Ritrovata : Newly Found Joy
Leave Castle and drive to Valpolicella area, known for its world-renown wine production. Private tour, lunch, and wine tasting at a historical vineyard that produces Recioto, Amarone and Ripasso della Valpolicella. Our next destination is a true delight to the eye: the romantic city of Romeo & Juliette: Verona, which has a splendidly preserved Roman Arena. We meet up with a local guide, who will walk us through the main sites of the city, telling us about the Scaligeri (della Scala) family and the impact it had on Verona and surrounding territories throughout the centuries. Enjoy some free TIME after the tour for gelato and a nice stroll in Verona, also a great place to shop! Save some Euros - bring your passport number to fill out the Tax-Free Form, in case you need it. We continue to the amazing nearby village of Montagnana, a medieval town whose walls are among the very best preserved in Europe. You can truly witness the authentic Italian lifestyle in this community, where human interaction appears to be frozen in time, just as life use to be before modern technology. Dinner at a historical restaurant featuring local dishes.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Saturday Day 9 | Venezia, la Serenissima : Venice, the Most Serene
After breakfast, we'll be on our way to sumptuous Venezia, also known as La Serenissima, where we'll be escorted to our hotel for check-in and luggage drop-off. Enjoy a group lunch in a nearby restaurant. In the afternoon we'll meet up our private guide who will take us on a walking tour of historic Venice, telling us about traditions, culture, and amusing facts of Venetian life through the ages.
Sunday Day 10 | Tra Storia e Mistero : Between History & Mystery
This morning we are taking a trip to the Islands of Burano & Murano by private water-taxi, with a visit to a traditional glass factory and a 'merletto' lace shop. Lunch and dinner are on your own and then enjoy a free afternoon in Venice. This will be the last night of the tour. Arrivederci!
Monday Day 11 | Arrivederci!
Nada's Italy hopes that you can stay longer in Italy and explore other beautiful cities of this very diverse country!
What's included in the Venetian Splendors:
- 6-Night stay in a Villa on Lake Garda + 2-Night stay in a Luxury Castle + 2-Night stay in 3-Star Historical hotel in central Venice for a trip totaling 11 Days/10 nights.
- Small group travel: maximum of 12 travelers per tour!
- Included Meals: All Breakfasts are included, plus a total of 8 Lunches and 6 included Dinners in fine local restaurants. (Included meals are shown at bottom of the description for each day).
- Beverages included: bottled/filtered water and 2 glasses of wine per person (choice of red or white) with lunches and dinners
- Privately escorted day trips with local Italian English-speaking full-time Nada's Italy Tour Leader throughout the trip (in some cases, it's Nada herself!).
- Destinations include villages on Lake Garda (Salo', Sirmione, Riva del Garda, Limone, Malcesine), Alps (Dolomites), Verona (private walking tour with a local guide), Montagnana, Venice (private walking tour with a local guide), Islands of Murano & Burano.
- Unique Experiences: Guided visit of a traditional Amarone della Valpolicella Winery. Private tour of a cheese farm, followed by lunch. Cooking Class featuring local Venetian Dishes. Private boat ride to Murano and Burano (including visits to a glass-factory & lace-shop).
- PLUS: Italian Travel Phrasebook + Nada's Italy Luggage Tags + Travel Goodies + SURPRISE gifts during your stay and MUCH MORE!!
- Private luxury transportation for day trips throughout the stay in a comfortable air-conditioned van with professional driver (does not include: transfer back to the airport at the end of the tour, airfare, or any other personal travel expenses).
- Customer loyalty Reward: receive a $300 credit towards any future trips you take with Nada's Italy!
- No bag limit! (Most tours have a 1-bag limit per person).
- Local VAT taxes and government fees, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, parking fees, staff tips, and the hotel accommodation tax.
- Tips to staff and restaurants. (Additional gratuities can be given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.)
For more information, please call our office Mon.-Fri. 10am-6pm at 704.877.2003. Price listed is subject to change with or without notice.
What's Not Included in Tour Package
Trip price does not include airfare and anything that is not specified to be included. Price does not include any personal related expenses or travel-related expenses outside of the scheduled itineraries. The food & wine that is included is what is presented during meals, all other items ordered by traveler including wine and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are not included in tour price. Trip price does not include optional tips to restaurants nor to tour personnel such as drivers, maids, etc. These gratuities are given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.
Before you sign up you should note the following:
- The first day of the tour is Friday, starting at the Venice Airport (departure from U.S. on Thursday for an overnight flight). The last day of the tour is Monday, ending in Venice. Arrival in the U.S. is the same day of departure. It is your responsibility to get to the place where the tour begins.
- Airfare is not included.
- Your arrival in Venice: please schedule your arrival time at the Marco Polo International Airport in Venice (VCE) between 9am and 12pm in order to be scheduled for pick up. Notifications, hotel information, and exact instructions will be emailed prior to the trip.
- Transfer back to the Venice airport at the end of your stay is not included in the tour rate. Please contact us if you'd like to add that to your tour package.
- At times, we'll be driving down small windy roads and through long tunnels (mostly around Lake Garda and the Alps), some roads can induce vertigo as they are built on the side of mountains - bring motion sickness pills if necessary.
- After you register, you will receive a "Benvenuto Box" by mail within approximately 10-15 business days. It will include reminders and important materials for your trip. The content may vary based on availability and by tour date/itinerary.
- Reminders, hotel information, and arrival instructions will be sent by email roughly 60 days before the start of the trip (please make sure we have your current email address).
- Add extra nights in Venice before or after the tour and extend your stay in this amazing country. Contact us for a quote on additional nights (subject to availability).
- You must be in good physical condition to sign-up for this trip. This is not considered a physically challenging trip, nonetheless, there will be a lot of walking uphill, downhill, walking over uneven pavement, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Even though basic tips to staff and restaurants are included, it is highly recommended that you put aside approximately $100 (US) in combined gratuities for your driver & Tour Director for your entire stay (and any voluntary additional restaurant gratuities are at your discretion).
- The earliest activity on this tour starts at 9:00am and the Latest activity starts at 11:00am.
- Nada's Italy highly recommends that you purchase Travel Insurance for your trip. For suggestions on policies, please contact us.
- Transportation for this tour is with two luxury vans that are licensed to access small hilltop towns, which larger vehicles cannot access.
- You should know that air conditioning in Italy, as well as wifi connections, are not as reliable as they are in the United States.
- The hotel staff assigns rooms to guests, some rooms may include stairs. A view is not guaranteed. Rooms differ in size and layout, in general, Italian rooms are smaller compared to US standards. Each room has its own en-suite bathroom with shower and/or tub, hair-dryer, and toiletries.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the required documents to travel to Italy. Your passport should be valid for 6 months after your return date. Verify with your own country's travel laws and government agencies.