starts in the historic Capital City of Madrid. The panoramic guided tour of Madrid highlights the rich repositories of European art, including the Prado Museum's works by Goya, Velázquez and other Spanish masters. The heart of old Habsburg Madrid is the portico-lined Plaza Mayor, and nearby is the baroque Royal Palace and Armory, displaying historic weaponry. This cultural tour is focused on the Hapsburg and Bourbon heritage and includes a guided visit to the magnificent Royal Palace.
We will continue our trip to Toledo and tour the Cathedral, the Jewish Quarter, the El Tránsito Synagogue and the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. You will have some free time to walk through and "get lost" in the narrow streets of the old town, and take in the unique atmosphere by visiting some of the other sites on your own. The dream picks back up through the region of Flamenco, music, passion, and
: Andalucia (the ancient Al-Andalus). Here, you will experience elegant stays in Moorish-style luxury boutique hotels and be a part of a cultural melting pot of Muslim, Jewish, and Christian history, boasting grandiose architecture and endless culinary delights.
Experience olive oil, wine tasting & cooking classes to expand your pallet and learn about some of the most famous cuisines in Spain. See one of the most important and largest Mosques in the world, Cordoba's "Mezquita", which is now its Cathedral. Continue the journey of discovery in Granada, where you'll visit one of the most majestic examples of Islamic architecture, the "Alhambra". Enjoy historic walks through the old Muslim and Gypsy neighborhoods, and try some of the most well-known tapas in the area. Then, experience Flamenco shows with exquisite dinners as well as a luxurious guided tour of Seville, the "Queen of Andalucia", including the fascinating Cathedral, the Jewish Quarter, the Alcazar and its gardens. Explore the indescribably charming hilltop towns "pueblos blancos" of the countryside, including the dramatic cliffs of Ronda, the immaculate white town of Grazalema, and the breathtaking views of Zahara del Sierra. Your amazing journey circles back, ending in Madrid with memories that will last a lifetime.
(Itinerary is subject to change with or without notice. The sequence of day trips may vary. The final itinerary will be given at the start of the trip.)
Friday | Day 1 | Bienvenido! Welcome!
Welcome to España! (Airport transfers on request). Your local art-historian guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel to take you for an introductory panoramic tour of stunning Madrid for approximately 3 hours. This tour is a mix of walking and city sightseeing on an executive minibus to optimize your time and allow you to discover the highlights of the majestic Spanish Capital. This cultural tour is focused on the Hapsburg and Bourbon legacy and includes a guided visit to the magnificent Royal Palace (note: being a government building, the Royal Palace is often closed for ceremonies and official events that can come up at the last minute, so this visit is subject to change). After getting settled in at the hotel, you will enjoy a lovely welcome dinner to get to know the other group members.
Meals included: dinner
Saturday | Day 2 | - Magical Mudéjar
Your private driver and local art-historian guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel to drive you to beautiful Toledo (approx. 1-hour drive) for a full day guided tour of this historic city. During this tour, you will visit the Cathedral, the Jewish quarter, the El Tránsito Synagogue and the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. After your guided tour, a lovely lunch in an authentic restaurant will be served. After lunch, you will have some free time to stroll the narrow streets of the old town, and visit other interesting sites on your own (such as the San Bartolome Church to admire the famous Greco painting "El Entierro del Conde Ordaz", The Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca or the Mezquita de la Luz) before heading back to Madrid. Free evening back in Madrid, you can enjoy the evening to further explore at your own leisure or to revisit your favorite spots.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Sunday | Day 3 | Treasures of the Royals
Your expert art historian guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel for a 2 hour guided tour of Madrid's Prado Museum to learn about the stories and figures behind the art. The most characterizing pieces from diverse periods in history will be noted; starting from the Renaissance all the way to the height of Impressionism. The Prado Museum houses one of the finest art collections in the world.
It displays thousands of European paintings, sculptures, and other works
of art throughout its halls. Housing more than 8,000 works of art, the
museum can be overwhelming to visit independently, but our knowledgeable
guide will lead you to the most significant and admired paintings and
sculptures, including works by Spanish, Dutch and Italian masters. We will then enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
Afternoon - We'll take a private transfer from the hotel in Madrid to the train station where we'll board the high-speed train to Cordoba (approx. 1:45 hours). Upon arrival in Cordoba, we'll meet our local Tour Director for the rest of the stay in Southern Spain.
After checking-into a luxury boutique hotel in the historical center of the city, we'll go on a short orientation walk of Cordoba (about 1h) to get acquainted with the city and the major sites. The orientation tour will finish at a very traditional restaurant specializing in Jewish cuisine, located right in the heart of the Juderia
(the Jewish quarter), which continues to bring the Sephardic tradition to the table.Meals included: breakfast, lunch & dinner
Monday | Day 4 | The Gem of Al-Andalus
Our local art historian guide will meet us in the lobby of the hotel for an introductory walking tour of approximately 3 hours to discover the main sites of this Unesco listed city of Córdoba (the majestic Mezquita/Cathedral, an immense mosque dating from 784 A.D., the charming Jewish quarter, and some picturesque courtyards). After a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, you will have the afternoon free to enjoy at your leisure. Make sure you don't miss a visit to: the Hamman Spa/Arabian baths, the ancient Roman Bridge and The Calahorra Tower (Al Andalus museum), the Roman Temple- Plaza de la Corredera - Plaza de las Tendillas.Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Tuesday | Day 5 | Colors & Flavors of Andalucia
Your private driver/tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Montilla (approx 40 min), just South of Cordoba. First, you will visit a local family olive oil mill to learn about the extra virgin olive oil production and taste two of their delicious varieties along with freshly baked bread. Then, it's on to a local family winery located right in the heart of the vineyards of Montilla hills. Today, not only will you learn about their winemaking and get to taste some the unique wines of this region but, you will also enjoy a fun hands-on cooking class. You will learn how to prepare a regional specialty called "Salmorejo" (a cold tomato cream) and a national specialty "the Paella". You will also have the chance to get involved in the preparation of the dishes. This day of adventure ends with you enjoying the food you have prepared in a friendly and casual atmosphere!
After lunch, you will continue making your way to your hotel located in Granada's historic centre.
Evening - Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and will take you a short orientation walk of approximately 1h30m around the city center and the Albayicin to end up at the famous viewpoints overlooking the incredible Alhambra.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Wednesday | Day 6 | The Wonders of Alhambra
Today you will discover the magnificent Moorish architecture of the Alhambra Palace and the beautiful Generalife gardens. This tour includes the tickets and 'skip the line' access to the different areas of the Alhambra so there is no need to wait in long lines. As you will be finishing your Alhambra guided tour at about lunchtime, you will have lunch at the Parador to enjoy the beautiful terrace overlooking the Generalife gardens.
Free afternoon to further explore Granada at your own leisure. Why not stroll the Darro river promenade and the Albaycin Moorish quarter during sunset at the Mirador de San Nicolas, the most beautiful views over the Alhambra?
Tonight, meet back up with the group to enjoy a unique evening of Andalusian flavors. Starting with an authentic Flamenco show and ending with a flavorful dinner and breath-taking views of the Alhambra. Located in the heart of the city, in Plaza Nueva, La Alboreá offers intimate flamenco shows ignited with passion. The cast is mainly made up of Granada natives from recognized Sacromonte families with flamenco/gypsy traditions that go way back. Thanks to the acoustics of the place, microphones or amplifiers are not necessary, allowing for a truly authentic flamenco experience.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch & dinner
Thursday | Day 7 | The Essence of SevillaYour private driver will pick you up from your hotel in Granada and drive you to Sevilla (aprx 2h45m).
After checking in, your local expert guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel for an introductory walking tour of aprx 3h to discover the amazing historical sites of Sevilla, including The impressive Cathedral, the intricate alleyways of the Santa Cruz Jewish district, and the Royal Alcazar/Palace, one of the best-preserved and most outstanding examples of Mudéjar architecture in all of Spain. In just a half day you’ll be able to visit the most important monuments of the city and learn about the part they played in the history of Seville ('skip the line' access to the Royal Alcazar and entrance fees are also included). After the guided tour, you will have your own free time for lunch and a leisurely afternoon.
During this evening, you’ll discover (and taste!) why Seville is the true home of tapas, and experience the mysteries, the emotion and the power of true flamenco! Too many people visit Seville without really understanding how locals eat tapas, or finding where the best tapas are served. Or they see a flamenco show but never truly grasp the origins or meaning of this magical art form. On this evening tour, we’ll fill your bellies and minds – giving you the keys to eating tapas like a local and a rich, lasting flamenco experience. The evening begins as you dive into two of our favorite family-run taverns where your expert guide will serve up local delicacies and drinks and give you a crash course in eating tapas in Seville (an art form in its own right!). Then, over plates of delicious acorn-fed Iberian ham and local wines your guide will then lead you through a fascinating explanation of the roots and mysteries of flamenco – from its unclear origins to its current worldwide fame. And you’ll learn how Seville fits into this remarkable story.Then, we head for the show! Tucked in the city’s gorgeous Santa Cruz neighborhood, in a fabulous15th-century building, you’ll experience the power, passion and sheer drama of real flamenco. With your new-found knowledge about flamenco, you’ll be able to savor this spectacular performance by world-class dancers, powerful singing, and magical guitar playing. After the performance, we’ll sit down for dinner at our final stop of the evening – a hidden family-run tapas bar that serves up incredible freshly cooked tapas, local wines and – of course – dessert. It's a perfect end to a magical evening in Seville!Meals included: breakfast, dinner
Friday | Day 8 | From Tapas to Passion
Morning walking tour of aprx 3 hours to further explore some of the most authentic sites of Sevilla: The Iberoamerican exhibition hall around Plaza de España and the Maria Luisa Park, the Guadalquivir river, The Torre del Oro and the famous Triana district (ceramic workshops, markets and flamenco ateliers). As the tour will end up at Sevilla's famed Triana food market, you will learn about locally grown products will have the possibility to taste delicious delicatessen such as "Atun de Almadraba" from Cadiz, Iberian ham from Jabugo DO, white prawns from Huelva or fresh oranges from Palma del Rio...You will have the afternoon & evening free to enjoy Sevilla at your own leisure or simply relax.Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Saturday | Day 9 | White Villages & Pastel LakesYour private driver and local guide will pick you up from your hotel and will drive you to visit the extremely charming towns of Zahara de la Sierra and Grazalema. You will enjoy a visit to a leather workshop and a traditional cheese maker. You will stop and have a delicious lunch at a local Andalusian cottage/restaurant overlooking the Zahara lake. After lunch, you will head to the picturesque town of Ronda, where you will have an introductory walking tour of approximately 1.30h including the old town, the dramatic cliffs, the New bridge and the bullring. You will have some free time in Ronda where you can do some craft shopping (Ronda is famous for leather, linen, and embroidery).
Late afternoon, you will be driven back to Sevilla where you will have the evening free to enjoy at your own leisure.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Sunday | Day 10 | Grandiose Madrid
After check out, you will be taken to the train station where you will take the high-speed train back to Madrid (approximately 2h30m). Once in Madrid, you will have the afternoon free to relax and enjoy more sites at your own leisure. Meet back with the group in the lobby to go to a local restaurant for our last delicious "farewell" dinner together!
Meals included: dinner
Monday | Day 11 | Hasta Luego! ’Til we meet...and eat, again!
Nada's Italy hopes that you can stay longer in Spain and explore other beautiful cities of this very diverse country!
Meals included: breakfast
What's included in The Magic of Spain Tour:
- 3-Night stay in a Madrid + 2-Night stay in a Cordoba + 2-Night stay in Granada + 3 Night stay in luxury hotel stay in Sevilla for a trip totaling 11 Days/10 nights.
- Small group travel: maximum of 12 travelers per tour!
- Included Meals: All Breakfasts are included, plus a total of 7 Lunches and 6 included Dinners in fine local restaurants. (Included meals are shown at bottom of the description for each day).
- Beverages included: bottled/filtered water and 2 glasses of wine per person (choice of red or white) with lunches and dinners
- Privately escorted day trips with local Spanish/English-speaking full-time Nada's Italy Tour Leader throughout the trip.
- Historical Highlights: Prado Museum (includes entrance reservation & ticket), Historical Highlights of Madrid, Guided tour of Toledo, Walking tour of Cordoba, Orientation walk of Granada, Alhambra Palace (includes entrance reservation & ticket), Walking tour of Seville.
- Unique Experiences: Wine & Olive Oil tasting in Montilla, Cooking Class in a family farm, Flamenco Show in Granada, Triana food market tour & tasting, Tapas Tour in Seville + Flamenco Show, Cheese tasting in Zahara de la Sierra, and much more!
- PLUS: Nada's Italy Luggage Tags + Travel Goodies + lots of SURPRISE gifts before and during your stay.
- Private luxury transportation for day trips throughout the stay in a comfortable air-conditioned executive van with professional driver (does not include: transfer to and from the airport, airfare, or any other personal travel expenses).
- High-speed train tickets from Madrid to Cordoba and then Seville back to Madrid.
- Customer loyalty Reward: receive a $300 credit towards any future tours you take with Nada's Italy!
- No bag limit! (Most tours have a 1-bag limit per person).
- Local VAT taxes and government fees, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, parking fees, staff tips (voluntary tips to restaurant staff, your driver and Tour Leader are at your own discretion). The City Tax is not included and must be paid by guests at the time of check-out at the hotel’s front desk.
- Tips to staff and restaurants. (Additional gratuities can be given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.)
For more information, please call our office Mon.-Fri. 10am-6pm at 704.877.2003. Price listed is subject to change with or without notice.
What's Not Included in Tour Package
Trip price does not include airfare and anything that is not specified to be included. Price does not include any personal related expenses or travel-related expenses outside of the scheduled itineraries. The food & wine that is included is what is presented during meals, all other items ordered by traveler including wine and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are not included in tour price. Trip price does not include optional tips to restaurants nor to tour personnel such as drivers, maids, etc. These gratuities are given at the sole discretion of each individual traveler and are not required for participation on the tour.
Before you sign up you should note the following:
- The first day of the tour is Friday, starting in Madrid (departure from U.S. on Thursday for an overnight flight). The last day of the tour is Monday, ending in Madrid. Arrival in the U.S. is the same day of departure. It is your responsibility to get to the place where the tour begins.
- Airfare is not included.
- Transfers to and from the airport are not included in price. Please contact us if you'd like to add those to your tour package.
- At times, we'll be driving down small windy roads in the countryside - bring motion sickness pills if necessary.
- After you register, you will receive a "Bienvenido Box" by mail within approximately 15-20 business days. It will include reminders and important materials for your trip. The content may vary based on availability and by your tour date/itinerary.
- Reminders, hotel information, and arrival instructions will be sent by email roughly 60 days before the start of the trip (please make sure we have your current email address). If you have questions about hotels or anything else, please contact us.
- Add extra nights in Spain before or after the tour and extend your stay in this amazing country. Contact us for a quote on additional nights and activities (subject to availability).
- You must be in good physical condition to sign-up for this trip. This is not considered a physically challenging trip, nonetheless, there will be a lot of walking uphill, downhill, walking over uneven pavement, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Even though basic tips to staff and restaurants are included, it is highly recommended that you put aside approximately $100 (US) in combined gratuities for your driver & Tour Director for your entire stay (and any voluntary additional restaurant gratuities are at your discretion).
- The earliest activity on this tour starts at 9:00am and the latest activity starts at 11:00am.
- Nada's Italy highly recommends that you purchase Travel Insurance for your trip. For suggestions on policies, please contact us.
- You should know that air conditioning in Europe, as well as wifi connections, are not as reliable as they are in the United States.
- The hotel staff assigns rooms to guests, some rooms may include stairs. A view is not guaranteed. Rooms differ in size and layout because we mostly work with historic properties that have not been structurally changed. In general, European rooms are smaller compared to US standards. Each room has its own en-suite bathroom with shower and/or tub, hair-dryer, and toiletries.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the required documents to travel to the European Union. Your passport should be valid for 6 months after your return date. Verify with your own country's travel laws and government agencies.
- In the unlikely event your tour does not reach the minimum participation requirement of 6 travelers, we will work with you to choose another available tour or tour date. We will do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible.